date: 4 June 2018
Gender specific terms used in these GTCs and/or in the event programme shall apply equally to the female and male form.
(1) The hereafter stated „General Terms and Conditions” apply to participations in all ICC Austria’s events (e.g. seminars, workshops, conferences, functions). Agreements deviating from these General Terms and Conditions require the written form. By registering for an ICC Austria event customers agree to and are bound by the General Terms and Conditions. Upon participation in a seminar or event, the customers agrees to adhere to the event and house rules of the organizer and host.
(2) In case of conflict of individual provisions of the General Terms and Conditions with mandatory statutory provisions (in particular provisions of the Austrian Consumer Protection Act) all other clauses of the General Terms and Conditions remain valid.
(1) ICC Austria reserves its right to change and amend the content of its offered events at any time. All offers of ICC Austria (brochures, leaflets, catalogues, price lists, web shop) are without obligation. The contract comes into existence with ICC Austria’s acceptance of the registration. In the event of a registration not being accepted, the costumer will be notified.
(2) Registrations will be processed in the order in which they are received. Registrations need to be in written form (fax, email or web form is sufficient). Each registration is binding.
(3) Anyone who registers a third party explicitly asserts to be authorized to carry out this registration and the relevant declaration of acceptance subject to data protection laws.
(4) Upon registration for an event the customer agrees to be informed continuously about new events. This consent can be revoked or adapted in writing or by e-mail at any time – email@example.com
(1) Cancellation of registration is accepted only in written form.
(2) Provided no other terms are stated in the seminar flyer, the cancellation of a registration is free of charge until two weeks 14 days (7 days for ICC Austria members) before the start of this event. If a cancellation of a registration is received less than two weeks before the event, or if a participant remains absent on the date of the event, the whole event fee is payable.
(3) Nomination of a substitute participant of the same company is possible at any time and free of charge. ICC Austria reserves the right not to register a nominated substitute participant; in this case the registration fee already paid will be refunded.
(4) If booked in distance selling, especially by phone, fax, e-mail or any other electronic systems and the customer is a consumer in the meaning of the KSCHG (Austrian Consumer Protection Act), the customer is entitled to a legal right of withdrawal in accordance with the FAGG within 14 calendar days from the date of contract. This regulation is not applicable for events which start within 14 calendar days from conclusion of contract. The deadline for withdrawal is deemed preserved, if the declaration of withdrawal was sent within the withdrawal period.
Withdrawal may be made by the customer within 14 calendar days from date of contract without giving reasons by sending the declaration of withdrawal (f.e. by mail, fax or e-mail). Sending within the withdrawal period is sufficient (decisive is the date of posting) and shall be addressed to ICC Austria. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays count.
In addition to the regulations outlined above, the customer has the possibility to declare withdrawal personally to the organizer within the withdrawal period. In case of such withdrawal, ICC Austria will pay back any payments already received from the customer immediately und at the latest within 14 days from the of receipt of the customer’s declaration of withdrawal.
(1) In general, the participant’s registration fee, that is indicated in the current brochures, leaflets, catalogues, price lists, web shop, and similar ICC Austria publications, shall be considered as agreed. ICC Austria will reserve its right to examine if the registration was made by a member or non-member of ICC Austria. Depending on the status (member or non-member) the prices named in the respective price lists apply accordingly.
(2) If not otherwise indicated, all price quotations are net prices and exclude the applicable value added tax.
(1) Payments shall be made by bank transfer free of bank charges and without any deduction and be credited to ICC Austria’s account before the start of the event.
(2) In the event of a delayed payment, ICC Austria is entitled to charge late interest at 10% per annum. The customer is obliged to reimburse ICC Austria for all costs for the appropriate pursuit of legal claims, of necessary reminder and collection fees. ICC Austria expressly reserves the right to assert higher damage claims resulting from that delay.
(3) ICC Austria reserves the right to exclude registered persons from an event, if payment has not been received in full prior to the event.
(1) ICC Austria plans and publishes events many months in advance of the event date and for a variety of reasons, changes might become necessary (staring times, names of speakers, dates, locations, cancellations etc.). ICC Austria reserves the right to these changes. Registered participants will be informed in time and in a suitable manner. ..
(2) Reimbursement of expenses (such as travel and/or hotel costs, loss of profit or income) and other claims resulting thereof against ICC Austria is excluded. The same applies to short notice rescheduling of events.
(3) In case of an entire cancellation of an event, ICC Austria will refund participation fees already received without any deduction. There is no right or claim for the implementation of an event.
(1) The organizer shall not be liable for any personal belongings of the customer.
ICC Austria shall only be liable for damages arising from firm intention and gross negligence with the exception of damages to persons. Insofar as the matter does not involve a consumer transaction, the existence of slight or gross negligence must be evidenced by the injured party.
(2) ICC Austria shall not be liable to entrepreneurs for consequential damages or damages for pure economic loss.
(3) ICC Austria shall not be liable for the formal or legal accuracy of any information given in the event documentation (e.g. seminar folders).
(1) All rights, including those of a translation, copying and/or reproduction of seminar materials or any other ICC Austria materials or parts thereof are reserved by ICC Austria. Without ICC Austria’s prior written consent, no part of the ICC Austria seminar materials or any other documents may be reproduced in any form even for educational purposes, nor may it, be processed, duplicated, distributed or used for public playback/repetition.
(2) In order to avoid copyright proceedings, no video recording, photographs or audio recording shall be made during an event without the prior explicit approval of the organizer/ICC Austria.
(1) The customer accepts that ICC Austria will store and process the customer data given in the contract for the purposes of accounting and customer records. The data shall be used for compliance with statutory provisions, and for carrying out payment transactions. In addition, the customer consents to electronic registration and evaluation of quality assessment and questionnaires.
(2) The customer information is not distributed to third parties, except if this is necessary for compliance or performance of contract. Contractors of ICC Austria are instructed about their obligations under the data protection rules and have agreed to comply with them.
(3) For the future, the customer agrees to be informed about upcoming events, services and products from ICC Austria also by e-mail. Such consent may be revoked by the customer at any time in writing.
(4) The customers agrees that his first and family name and the company name may be published or distributed to other participants of an event (such consent may be revoked in writing or by e-mail to the organizer). In case, ICC Austria cooperates with an external partner as announced in the invitation, the customer irrevocably consents that his personal data (especially e-mail and telephone number) may be submitted to the respective partner and used by them to be provided with marketing and information material. Such consent can be revoked at any time by e-mail to ICC Austria, who will also submit such revocation for implementation to the respective cooperation partner.
(1) This contract is governed by Austrian substantive law. In the event of the contractual partner being a consumer, in accordance with Austrian Consumer Protection Act, the mandatory legal provisions of the law of the consumer's habitual residence will be applied additionally to this contract.
(2) Place of exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes will be the competent Austrian Court at the seat of ICC Austria, if the customers has its seat or address within the European Union, Switzerland or Liechtenstein. In the event of the customer being a consumer, in accordance with the Austrian Consumer Protection Act, mandatory statutory provisions regarding the jurisdiction will be applied
(3) If the customers has its seat or address outside of region outlined in para (2), all disputes
arising out of or in connection with the participation on an ICC Austria event shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Rules. Place of arbitration shall be Vienna, Austria and language of arbitration shall be German; in cases where the confirmation of registration or participation was issued in English language, language of arbitration shall be English.
(4) Place of performance is the seat of ICC Austria.